1. Stir together four spoons of sour cream and one spoon of horseradish sauce. Total Elapsed Time: 20 seconds.
2. Spread that on as many slices of pumpernickel bread as you can. I managed six. Cut each slice of bread into quarters. TET: 45 seconds.
3. Open a 4oz package of smoked salmon, tear each slice into thirds, and top each bread quarter with a bit of salmon. TET: 60 seconds.
4. Using scissors, snip some chives or dill over the whole thing, then grind over some pepper. TET: 30 seconds.
5. Pour a few tablespoons of pomegranate juice (or some other kind if you don’t like pom: pear, peach, orange, and apricot are all good too) into a champagne flute or wine glass and top off with prosecco or some other fizzy wine. TET: 90 seconds.
Et voila. Cocktail hour for six in five minutes or less. I got rave reviews from everyone, even people who don’t normally like seafood.